Minggu, 28 September 2014

Bento: Ronaldo Not the Best Captain


 Former Portugal boss, Paulo Bento, disagree if Cristiano Ronaldo called as the best captain he has ever handled. Instead, he just filed the name Joao Moutinho.

Ronaldo was appointed as the captain of the team in July 2008 and continues to play such a role when Bento took over as Portugal head coach in 2010.

"I work with a lot of experienced figures. Ronaldo is a figure that is much more mature than a few years ago. He is a player with outstanding quality, very professional. In the 10 years of my career as a coach, he was the best player who ever worked with me, "Bento said on RTP.

"But if I had to choose one player as captain, I have to choose Joao Moutinho because of quality, professionalism, and ability to understand the purpose of a coach. I have long worked with him at Sporting, so my experience from this point of view is more than enough," he concluded.